Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Dear Samuel,

You are two months old now. I can't believe the time has gone by so fast. You are getting so big already! Last I measured you were 14 lb which surprised me some because it seemed like you were gaining a pound a month but at 3 weeks old you were 11lbs.

I love watching you grow! You have started to smile at me and daddy which just melts me like nothing else. How can you not love that little grin!

You have already experienced every form of transportation! We went to PA for Aunt Christie's bridal shower and bachelorette party. For that trip you rode in an airplane and you did a great job!
In the Pittsburgh airport there is a tram so we are calling that your train.
Finally, for Aunt Christie's bachelorette party we went on the Gateway Clipper, which is a boat.
And obviously you have ridden in a car many times since you came home from the hospital. You did so good with everything and everyone loved you!

You got to meet your cousin Kate while we were there also. She was so curious about you, but you didnt really care. You werent really focusing on much at that point. 
And you even went and go photos taken with her but you are like your daddy and dont really like to get pictures taken. The photographer was able to get some good shots though! 

You got to meet so many of your relatives :) 

 Nana (Great Grandma Marie)
She just couldnt get enough of you and wanted to hold you all the time
Papap (great grandpa Jim)
He wasn't too sure about holding you because you were so small and didnt have much strength with your neck. 

We came home and over the next few weeks I could see you start to "awaken." You were becoming even more aware of things around you and you got interested in looking at patterns and toys. By the time we went back to PA for Aunt Christie's wedding you were looking around alot more and had more control over your neck. Papap was actually wanting to hold you!
You did so good at Aunt Christie's wedding. The church was really hot so Daddy took you to an air conditioned room during the ceremony. He really did a great job taking care of you while I was being Aunt Christie's Matron of Honor. From what I know you also did a good job while we were getting pictures done before the reception. 
At the reception you looked so handsome in your three piece suit! Everyone wanted to hold you and you just slept most of the time. You were so good. I missed you alot though because I didnt have a whole lot of time with you that day.
You did so well adjusting to everything as we went along! The flight home was pretty good, though you did fuss some. Now we are trying to get you back on a routine and right now I have you down for your first nap in your crib which is in your room. 

I love how big you are getting and how you are growing! I love you so much my handsome man!! 
Love Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment